Twin City Brickyard
21 x 19 watercolor
This scene is based on a photo
of the Twin City Brickyard, which served the twin cities of
St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota. It operated from
1894 until the early 1970's.
Located along the
Mississippi River bluffs in a low lying area known as Lilydale,
in St. Paul.
The large Decorah shale deposit in
the cliffs, supplied the ingedients for brick making.
Back to Gallery